In order to accomplish the stated goal and objectives, the Participants
carried out research in the framework of two Subtasks during the initial
phase of the Task:
- Subtask A:
- Subtask B:
During a Task
Extension Phase, the Participants will focus on two new Subtasks:
- Subtask C:
- Subtask D:
Subtask C: Comparative Evaluation
In Subtask C, the Participants shall:
- Establish an overall building energy analysis tool diagnostic
- Identify reasonable set of test cases.
- Prepare preliminary test case specifications.
- Apply building energy analysis tools to test cases.
- Revise/finalize test case specifications.
- Iterate with building energy analysis tools as appropriate and
required to obtain valid results.
- Finalize results.
- Prepare documentation of test cases/results. Þ
- Place test specifications and results on IEA SHC web site.
Subtask D: Empirical Validation
In Subtask D, the Participants shall:
- Establish an overall experimental framework.
- Identify reasonable set of experiments to evaluate the modeling
capability and accuracy of building energy analysis tools.
- Conduct experiments.
- Apply building energy analysis tools to model experimental
- Revise experimental conditions to obtain necessary quality of
- Iterate as necessary between modeling and experiments to obtain
valid empirical tests.
- Prepare documentation of experiments and results.
- Place data and results on IEA SHC web site.